Now you can make your child’s birthday even more special and help Elm Street’s Library too!
Please consider purchasing a book for the library in honor of your child through Elm Street School’s Birthday Books Program!
For a donation of $10 (or more if you like!), your child may choose a book from a shelf of newly ordered books, purchased especially for the Birthday Books program. A bookplate commemorating your child’s birthday, and acknowledging them as the donor, will be placed inside the book of their choice. In addition, the birthday boy/girl will receive a thank you bookmark and will be given the honor of being the first person to borrow the book from the library.
We have identified a special spot in the library to display our Birthday Books. Children participating in the program will browse this special section, choosing a book to donate to the Library in recognition of their birthday. The monies received for these books will go into a fund to purchase more birthday books. Our goal is for the program to be self-supporting and ever changing, as new books are bought throughout the year. We hope you will consider participating in this fun program during your child’s birthday month. Your support and generosity will help expand the world of books and reading for our children!
Here’s how this voluntary program works:
- During your child’s birthday month, or half-birthday month for birthdays that fall during the summer months of July and August, you will receive an e-mail reminder that your child is eligible to participate in the Birthday Books program that month. (If no e-mail address is available a hard copy reminder will be sent home with your child).
- If you choose for your child to participate in this program, please provide a check in the amount of $10.00 made payable to Elm Street School PAC with “Birthday Books” noted in the memo section of your check. Enclose your check in an envelope and have your child bring it to school for delivery to the Elm Street Media Center, attn: Jean Moise, Media Aide. You may also pay using PayPal below.
- The Media Aide will identify participating children during their media time and they will be given the opportunity to browse the Birthday Books display and choose a book of their liking.
- A bookplate, recognizing your child’s contribution, will be permanently placed inside the book and your child will be given the opportunity to be the first person to check it out of the library.
- This program will be ongoing throughout the year so there is no deadline for having your child participate. However, we would like for them to be able to choose their book during the month of their birthday, or during the months of January and February for children born in July and August, respectively.